Wednesday 25 March 2015

This 39-year-old Muslim convert was born Paul Steven Mellor in Cheshire.

And just a few short years ago he was serving Queen and country as a Lance Corporal in the elite Irish Guards regiment .
The former Church of England Sunday school boy claims he guarded the royal palaces and marched in the Trooping the Colour in red tunic and bearskin during his nine-year Army career.
He changed his name to Jibreel and the dad-of-three told The Sun:
“I was a soldier of the Queen, now I’m a soldier of Allah. I was on sentry duty at Buckingham Palace, I did Trooping the Colour. Now I’m against democracy. The system stinks.
He is campaigning for Sharia law and self-governing Muslim “states” to be established in Britain.
Jibreel, a one-time Liverpool fan who says he has burnt all photos from his Army days, said: “I used to have a pint when I was in the Army but I don’t think it’s excessive to lash drinkers.”
Jibreel left the Army in February 1997 and became a labourer in a relative’s building firm but couldn’t get used to civvy street.
When his half-brother, Ian, committed suicide aged 20, Jibreel turned to drinking.
He said: “I was mixed up with alcohol. I was going down a slippery slope.
“One night I came out of a nightclub in Stoke-on-Trent and I was stumbling all over the place. A Muslim taxi driver approached me and started talking about Islam.
“I wasn’t looking for Islam but it found me at the right time. It just made sense to me, a brotherhood that would always stick together. It was overnight, basically.” Alhamdulillah for Islam!

No comments:

Post a Comment