Tuesday 30 December 2014

Ex-Christian-Now Muslim,Alhamdulillah!

I was in a bad place in my life, what you'd call 'rock bottom'. A day came where I knew something had to change and I had to make a choice, or stay stuck where I was, destined to repeat the same mistakes. That night I went into the back bedroom of a friends place to go to sleep. I turned the light off and lay on the bed, suddenly I had this sinking, dreadful feeling that I was trapped. I got up panicked and tried to find the door to get out, felt every wall, there was no door. I was always agnostic, only prayed when I was desperate, so I started to pray. I used to pray like this "Dear God, angels, devils, whoever can help me", I prayed like that, begging to not be trapped. Suddenly a light came from nowhere and a voice said "Jae you don't need to pray to all those things... Just one!". I knew straight away, so I prayed to God. "Please dear ‪#‎God‬ help me, I don't want to be trapped". A few other things were said to me "when you feel alone Jae, know you are never alone", "everything happens for a reason", "try to be good, find a good balance, wait... and everything will be ok". Then the door opened, and I left that life behind and never looked back.
I naturally wanted to know more, and the truth about God who had just saved my life. What seemed coincidence at the time, I caught up with a friend I hadn't seen for 19 years, she was ‪#‎Catholic‬ when I knew her, so I asked her what she knew, and she told me she wasn't Catholic anymore, she was a Muslim. I knew nothing about Islam, so she just handed me her‪#‎Qur‬'an, and said "have a read if you want". The rest is history, I knew the truth when I read it, and it brought me ‪#‎peace‬ and answered something in me every time I read from it.
I've been a Muslim for 2 years now, it has been a tough journey, but the best one, and I'm a completely different person now.Alhamdulillah for Islam!

No comments:

Post a Comment