Tuesday 23 June 2015

Brother Jason shares

"It was about 9 years ago when it began. I had just been baptised as a Christian. I was as well read in the Bible then as I am now as I had read it cover to cover 7 times. I knew there was more to our story, however,I could not accept two things. #1) I could not accept the teaching that Isa (peace be upon him) was God. I had read several texts that say the opposite of that teaching. #2) I could not accept the teaching that the Bible was the only true word of God. In my mind, containing ALLAH to one manuscript was like putting borders on who our Creator is.
I began talking to a gentleman named Najeaulah Muhammad. I received just a small bit of dawah from him, but he did something that surprised me beyond that...He also gave me his Qur'an, which I still have and read from to this day. At first, my New, Beautiful copy of the Qur'an sat in the highest place on display at home. I had been taught by other Christians, some of them my own family, that the Qur'an was a lie and that Muslims treated Christians with beheadings. Yet, as I had once been pagan and worse a satanist, I knew what evil was and I got no such feeling when I gazed upon the Gold inscription on the cover. About a year later, after talking extensively with another Muslim friend of mine, I decided to open my Qur'an. Before I did, I prayed,"Father God, if this is Your Book, let me see with my first glimpse."
When I opened the Qur'an, I opened to Surrah 21 (Al-Anbiya) verse 91 "And [mention] the one who guarded her chastity, so We blew into her [garment] through Our angel [Gabriel], and We made her and her son a sign for the worlds." This verse caused me to read more, to question the dogma of my Christian faith. The seed of truth sprouted at this point in my life.
I had attempted to gain more instruction from the Imam at the local masjid, but there was always something keeping me from accomplishing that goal. Not to mention, it was still an uncommon thing in that area for a former U.S. Army soldier to request instruction. It was late in 2006 by then, so you can imagine the scrutiny. I continued to study at every chance, not giving up on my desire for truth. After years of study and searching for guidance, I stumbled upon some youtube videos uploaded by a man named Hussein Hussein and a man who goes by the name Ali Dawah. The Muslim men in the videos were more knowledgeable about the Bible than the Christians were! The Muslim men all kept their composure and were polite, unlike the Christians! I had seen this very thing in the church I was attending. I couldn't take the hipocrisy anymore. I chose to embrace Islam as everything I had learned myself was contrary to what was taught, or force fed, to me from the pulpit and even my own family. Literally. I may be the only one in my family to be striving to become a good Muslim, but I believe that ALLAH will be there to keep me strong in my deen and keep me mindful of ALL things concerning Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment