Thursday 2 July 2015

27 Years ago, in March 1988, I made the decision to become a Muslim

Sarah Joseph is CEO and Editor of Muslim lifestyle magazine emel and commentator on British Muslims. She is a writer and a broadcaster and lectures on Islam both within the UK and internationally (USA, Europe, Middle and Far East). Sarah reverted to Islam at the age of 16 in 1988 after being brought up as a Catholic.
"27 Years ago, in March 1988, I made the decision to become a Muslim. The desire came into my heart after much reading and prayer to The One True God, and upon seeing a girl go into prostration. When I saw her putting her head to the floor, I knew that Islam meant to surrender. I had been searching to surrender myself to God my entire life. I have made many mistakes since that day, and I constantly ...ask questions, seeking to reaffirm my faith. But I have to say that the decision to become a Muslim – to actively seek to surrender to The One – has brought untold Blessings and Joy into my life. To live with awe at the Cosmos, to hold to a Universal message, to attempt to follow in the footsteps of the Messenger who was sent as a Mercy to Mankind, has been an extraordinary journey. Life has not been without its tests, but I am truly grateful."

No comments:

Post a Comment