Wednesday 1 July 2015

All praise to Allah (God)! I began studying Islam after 9/11

Simon ACT (Australia)
"I’m a revert to Islam. All praise to Allah (God)! I began studying Islam after 9/11 because I wanted to know more about the religion and why it might cause people to do such things.
What I found was something completely different than what I had expected and something that was not so far different from the Catholicism I was raised with (minus, belief in Jesus as God).
Islam brings me personal peace and fulfillment.
I’m law abiding. I pay my taxes. I don’t advocate criminality or terrorism. I refuse to apologize for things that I didn’t do and I believe that the “condemnation” that so many people expect every muslim to constantly make is, in itself, a form of Islamophobia and bigotry.
I’m now married to a wonderful woman of Lebanese Australian heritage and we have 3 beautiful daughters. I work as an IT engineer and write and edit speculative fiction in my spare time."


No comments:

Post a Comment