Thursday 17 January 2013

Fazial Sadqat (Story No.11)


Fazial Sadqat (Story No.11).
Once Abdullah bin jafar Rahiallaho anho passed by an orchard, in Madinah Munawwarah, of which the caretaker was an Abyssinian slave. He saw the salve taking food while a dog sat in front him. Every time the slave put a morsel of food into his mouth, he threw another morsel, as big as his own, on to the dog, Ibne jafar Radhiallaho anho stood watching for a while. When the meal was finished he went over to the slave and asked him, who is your maser? The slave replied that he belonged to the descendants of Uthman Radhiallaho anho. Ibne jafar Radhiallaho anho said, I saw you doing something very strange. The slave asked him what it was and he said, after each morsel of food that you took, you gave another to your dog. The slave said, this dog has been my companion for many years and I must give it a fair share of my food. Ibne Jafar Radhiallaho anho said, A dog can be fed on something of inferior quality. The slave said, I feel ashamed to face Allah Taala that I should eat while one of His creatures is watching me with a hungry look.
After this , Abdullah Bin Jafar Radhiallaho anho came back, went o the descendants of Uthman Radhiallaho ano and said that he had come to ask for a favor. When they said, please let us know, he replied that he wanted to buy such and such garden and they said that they would be pleased to present it to him as a gift. They insisted on his accepting it free of charge, but he said that he must buy it on payment .At last, the price was fixed and Ibne jafar purchased the garden. He then said that he also wanted to have the slave who worked in the garden. They request that they should be excused, for the slave had been with them since his childhood and they would be grieved to part from him. But when Ibne Jafar Radhiallaho anho insisted, they agreed to let him have the slave as well.
After purchasing the garden and the slave, Ibne Jafar went to the garden and said to the slave, I have bought this garden and yourself. The slave congratulated him on the bargain and said May Allah bless you in the deal; only I am grieved a parting from my masters who have brought me up since my childhood. Abdullah bin Jafar said, I set you free, let this garden be my parting gift to you. Hearing this slave said, if so, I call you to witness that I make this garden a private Wakf (endowment) for the descendants of Uthaman Radhiallaho anho. Abdullah bin Jafar Radhaiallaho anho says, I was greatly surprised to hear this form him and I went home. Invoking Allah blessings upon him(Musaamiraat). such were the excellent qualities and proud achievements of the slaves of our Muslim ancestors.   

No comments:

Post a Comment