Thursday 24 January 2013

Fazial Sadqat (Story No.15)


Fazial Sadqat (Story No.15).
Abu Marthad Rahmatullah alaihe was famous for his generosity. Once a person came and directed a few Verses in praise of his generosity. (When you praise a generous man, it is understood that you are seeking a favor). Abu Marthad Rahmatullah alaihe said to the man, I have nothing to give you at the moment. But I can help you by a subtle device; if you file a suit against me with the Qadhi (judge) saying that I owe you ten thousand (Dirham’s or Dinars), I Shall admit that I owe you the money (since I have promised, the amount has become due from me to you; as a Hadith says (A promise is a debt).
The Qadhi (judge) will send me to prison and my people will raise the money o get me released. The man did as he was directed. Abu Marthad was sent to prison and his relatives raised the necessary amount of money (to get him release), which they give to the Qadhi in the evening. Thus, the man got ten thousand (Dirham’s or Dinars) and Abu Marthad Rahmatullah alaihe was released.
 (It-haaf)

No comments:

Post a Comment