Tuesday 15 January 2013

Fazial Sadqat (Story No.9)


Fazial Sadqat (Story No.9).
Waqidi Rahatullah alaihe has related the following story I had two friends, a Hashemite and a non-Hashemite, and we were very intimate with one another, like three inseparable companions. I was in straitened circumstances and when the day of Eid drew near, my safe said to me, we can be patient in all circumstances, but I cannot bear to see my children weeping and crying. I feel as though my hart would break, when II see them in rages, while other children in our neighborhood are buying new clothes and other fine things for Eid. Watching them, our children feel miserable, and my heart is filled with pity for them. if you could get me some money from somewhere,
 I would sew new clothes for them .Hearing this, I wrote a note to my Hashemite friend, telling him about my sad plight, He sent me a sealed bag containing one thousand Dirham’s, with the word that I could use the amount  as I liked. I had hardly tasted the pleasure of receiving such a valuable gift, when I received a note from the other (non –Hashemite) friend, telling me about his poverty and dire need (like the one I had written to my friend). I sent the sealed bag of Dirham’s to my non-Hashemite friend, Feeling shy of going home empty-handed, I stayed in the Masjid for two days, and on the third day, went home and told the whole truth about the sealed bag. Surprisingly enough, she did not complain at all , but rather appreciated my generosity ,and said that I had behaved excellently towards my friend, As we sat  talking to each other, my Hashemite  friend came with the same bag that he had sent me three days before and said, Tell me the truth about this bag. How has it reached me again? I explained to him how I had sent it to our non Hashemite friend, immediately after receiving it,
And he said, when I received your note, I had nothing in my possession except this bag, which I sent to you. But, then, I wrote to my non Hashemite friend asking him for help and I was surprised when he sent me my own sealed bag which I had sent to you .Wondering how it had reached him, I have come to you to solve the mystery. After this we give on hundred Dirham’s to the lady , and distributed the remaining nine hundred Dirham’s equally among ourselves. Somehow, khalifah mammon Rashid came to know of this incident and called me to his court .I related the whole story and give us seven thousand Dirham’s as a reward, two Thousand Dirham’s to each one of us and one thousand Dirham’s to the lady.(Ithaff)

No comments:

Post a Comment