Friday 11 April 2014

Exceptional Wisdom

Saeed bin Aamir Radhiallaho anho was the governor of Hims, during the time of Khalifah Umar Radhiallaho anho.The Citizens of Hims lodged many complaints against him and demanded his removal from the office .Now Umar Radhiallaho anho was gifted, by Allah Taala with exceptional wisdom, which gave a keen eye for character-traits and an exceptional understanding of human natural quality that he had tried out thousands of times and found to be unerring so ,he was surprised to hear these complaints, as he had made the appointment considering Saeed Radhiallaho anho to be the most eligible person for governorship. Accordingly, he said in an invocation to Allah, O Allah! Do not take away my power of discernment and my intuitive knowledge of human nature! For if I am deprived of this quality .I fear that I might consign all the affairs of my caliphate t inefficient persons! The Khalifah then sent for saeed Radhiallaho anho and the complainants. When they appeared in the court, he asked them to recount their grievances. They had complained that their governor came out of his house late in the morning, that he did not grant them audience during the hours of night and that he observed holiday every month. So Umar Radhiallaho anho asked the complainants to stand face to face with their governor and state their grievances one by one .He told the governor to answer the accusations. One after the other.
They said that he came out of his house late in the morning and Saeed Radhiallaho anho explained: I and my wife are living together alone. There is no one else to help her in her household jobs. So I do the job of preparing bread for the family. When the meal is ready, we eat it together. Then I perform Wuhu and come out of the house.
Umar Radhiallaho anho told the complainants to state the next grievance and they said that their governor did not grant them audience during the hours of night. He demanded the explanation from Saeed Radhiallaho anho,Wo said, I did not want to reveal the actual position. I have reserved the day –time for the service of Allah s Creatures, and devoted the entire night for devotion; I keep awake and worship my lord the whole night through Umar Radhiallaho anho then asked them about their third complaint and they said that their governor observed a holiday every month .When asked to explain, Saeed Radhiallaho anho said: I have no servant, and so I have to stop work once during a month to wash my clothes. I wash my clothes in the morning and, when they become dry; in the evening I am put them on again and come out of the house. Hearing this , Umar Radhiallaho anho bowed I gratitude t Allah Taala for protecting him form going wrong in the exercise of his power of selection and advised the people to have due regard for their governor and to be thankful to Allah Taala for entrusting their affairs to such a pious person .Which all of them were gone , Umar Radhiallaho anho sent a gift of one thousand Dinars (Gold pieces) to Saeed for his personal use .when he received the amount ,his wife said ,Our Thanks are due to Allah, Who has arranged for so many of our requirements. We can hire an attendant with this money and also fulfill many other needs. Saeed Radhiallho anho Said, there are a good many poor and needy people living in the city, who stand in greater need of this money .I suggest that we should distribute it among them. His wife happily agreed to the suggestion and they distributed a large portion of the amount among the poor and the orphans, sending a small bag of Dinars to this one and a small bag to that one. Then Saeed Radhiallaho anho said to his wife, keep with you what remains and spend it little by little on your needs. She proposed that he should hire a servant to help him in household affairs, but Saeed Radhiallaho anho said No, you will soon have many people coming to you who need this money more than we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment