Tuesday 6 January 2015

By Gary Morley and Neil Curry, (CNN)

Wed November 27, 2013
"Islam brings me happiness". 'Sonny Bill Williams' Rugby Player
New Zealand rugby player Sonny Bill Williams embraces Islam. He is converted from a rugby league teen sensation into an All Black juggernaut, and along the way become a promising heavyweight boxer....
It was in the cave of Hira that the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) received the first revelation of the Quran. For rugby's original wild child Sonny Bill Williams, meeting a Tunisian family who lived with their five children in a one-bedroom flat in the south of France proved pivotal to his conversion to Islam.
The New Zealander's unshakeable belief in the Almighty has proved to be the making of one of the island nation's most gifted -- and controversial -- sports stars.
"I was real close with them, and I saw how happy and content they were. And to see how they lived their lives, it was just simple," Sonny Bill Williams, a prodigious rugby talent, professional boxer and tattooed poster boy, tells CNN's Human to Hero series.
"One thing I've learned over my career is that simplicity is the key. On the field, off as well."
"I've become a true Muslim," added Williams. "It's giving me happiness. It's made me become content as a man, and helped me to grow. I've just got faith in it and it has definitely helped me become the man I am today

No comments:

Post a Comment