Monday 12 January 2015

That beautiful woman that you see on the right is my mother

Assalamualaikum wr wb. Hello brothers and sisters in Islam. my name is Sophie. This is quite a personal story of mine.
That beautiful woman that you see on the right is my mother, Ana Isabel. She raised my two younger brothers and I in a very traditional Catholic Mexican home. we have faced difficult economic situations. When I was 13, my parents faced foreclosure & lost our home. The next 6 months we were homeless, house hopping. My father was able to find a home in a city called Bloomington, Ca. I started high school & began rebell, I partied too hard, rarely went to class, hung out with the wrong crowd, ex... home life was difficult, my parents would always bicker & My father drank often. My mother, finally sick of our situation decided to relocate our family to her hometown in Arandas Jalisco, Mexico. We eventually moved back to California to a town called Woodcrest. I started my 2nd year at a school named M.L.King High School. This is the year that I found Islam. A day after my 16th birthday I started working for a Palestinian brother at a cell phone shop. MASHALLAH his Family are the best people I know. Before I started working there I knew nothing about Islam . Here I slowly started to learn and slowly fall in love with the religion. I remember 2 weeks before I took Shahada me and my mother were walking home from work, I remember telling her how much I envied how she was so close to God and the obvious connection she had to god. Alhamdulillah, I was able to find that connection to God through Islam. Its been two years since I have accepted Islam, I don't live in California anymore and I don't work with my Palestinian brother anymore (still keep in contact). I'm currently with my family residing in Oklahoma City we are very happy and stable, Alhamdulillah. I do not regret anything that I have done in my life because if I hadn't done so I would not have been on the same road that brought me to Islam. I wish everyone the best in this life and the next." - Sophiie

No comments:

Post a Comment