Thursday 7 May 2015

Assalamualaikum I'm Jannah. Im 25 years old and caucasian. I was born in a Christian family

During my high school years I pursued a modeling career.
I can recall thinking "this is what I want, I want to be a model". So my father was active in assisting me in this career path. We made profiles online, went through a few agencies. (Which most are scams). I finally found an audition to be with an agency. They signed me on and from there began the training and prepping. I made contacts with scouts from different TV shows, modeling agencies, and film. A few months after working with the agency I decided I no longer wanted to pursue modeling. I look back now and I believe Allah has had a plan all along for me to be where I am now and not modeling and showing my body.

I found Islam and took my shahada 1 year ago. My journey to Islam began when I became friends with a Muslim for the first time, a year and 7 months ago. I was practicing Christianity at the time but I was always eager to be closer to God. Prior to meeting my Muslim friend I had no idea what Islam was or who Muslims were. I can recall seeing hijabis but I never saw them different from one who didn't wear hijab. I was brought up to love people no matter how they dressed or appeared. Alhamdulillah.
This Muslim friend of mine began to educate me about Islam and from that moment on I did my own research. I fell in love with the religion, and I finally found what I had been searching for. I spent the next 5 months studying Islam and reading Quran. I began dressing more modestly and I embraced the hijab before I took my shahada....finding comfort in the protection it was providing me. Islam taught me that it's ok to cover yourself and be appreciated for your intellect. I feel more beautiful in hijab and although I struggled with it at first I grew to love it and now I can't see myself living without it. My mother grew to be accepting of me wearing hijab and now she fixes it before I walk out the door and wakes me up for Fajr. Allahuakbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment