Saturday 2 May 2015

Sister Aydree (Vancouver Washington)

"My story is beautiful!
I had become completely lost, filled with depression and sadness, hopeless. I woke up one Friday morning and decided I needed to take an adventure! I woke up my eighteen year old daughter and said get up we are going on an adventure, though she thought I had lost my mind she followed. I had decided we were going to find a mosque in our area just to see it. We got ready for the day, made a trip to the local library, went and had lunch and set out to find a mosque. When we arrived at 12:20 that afternoon we stood outside wondering if we could go inside. There was a man walking up and I asked him is it okay if we look inside? He gave us a strange confused look as we were wearing tee shirts, no hijab and as casual as can be.. He said why do you want to go in? I replied, we just want to see what it looks like. He said oh then you have to go around where the women are. So we did and we were asked to remove our shoes and cover our heads and bare arms which we did out of respect.
It was so welcoming, we were told we could sit in back and observe, we were invited back, and ever since that first time I couldn't help but go back and learn more, the next week they had a teaching session for a local college we sat in on that. Everything I was so confused about and so depressed about has started to come together and I'm so happy now! It was Allah that led us there that day at that time. And ever since he has been putting different people in my life to teach me things. How funny my life changed on a Friday at 12:20.
I started wearing Hijab because it has truly unveiled me, it has in turn revieled Allah's love and protection, and I have a new life with it! Its a gift to me...All praise to Allah."

No comments:

Post a Comment