Tuesday 19 May 2015

The first year [wearing hijab] was a struggle

Sister Ruby
"The first year [wearing hijab] was a struggle. I was trying to morph my personality into this new public image that I had insisted upon adopting while trying to find the inner conviction to stand firm. It was hard to stay focused on the real motivation behind my decision, while trying to maintain that I was still the same person underneath the hijab, to all those who had already passed judgment about what I would become now that I had started observing.
Alhamdulillah 2 years on, I cannot thank Allah (S) enough for what I can only describe as ‘miracles’ that have occurred in my life since I made the commitment to remind myself everyday of where my ultimate allegiance lies. When our friends or loved ones give us a gift we acknowledge their kindness and generosity by sending them a ‘Thank You’ card. This was my way of sending daily thanks to my Creator, Provider, Protector, and Benefactor for the infinite blessings He has showered upon me, without me having done anything to deserve them."

No comments:

Post a Comment