Friday 10 April 2015

“I Was Blind but…ALLAH Opened My Eyes”

Each morning, each dawn when the sun rises and dissipates the darkness of night, we don’t only SEE the light as it surrounds us, we FEEL it too. For the quality of light is that it covers and enshrouds. In a similitude, as the beckoning light of a new day is so all encompassing, so too is the Light of Imaan/Faith. It not only enlightens the vision of a believer but even moreso the believer’s mind, heart and soul. And contrastly without the light of Imaan/Faith, it can only be darkness and ignorance that fills the vision, mind, heart and soul. As ALLAH states in the Glorious Quran, ” There are the ones who purchase error at the price of guidance, so their commerce does not prosper and neither are they guided. They are like the ones who kindle a fire, and when it sheds its light around them ALLAH takes away their light and leaves them in darkness, where they cannot see. Deaf, dumb and blind. 
(Surah Baqarah 2: 16-18)
Many a revert will share and attest to the wondrous feelings of light, peace and happiness that fills their minds, hearts and souls the very moment that they take shahaadah, bring Imaan and accept Islam. From being one who used to be antagonistic towards Islam and attacking it, Sister Zahra now spends her time and efforts defending and spreading Islam, Alhamdulillah.
Sister Zahra aka Ruby, a South African Afrikaner shares her beautiful story of reversion.
“I came to Islam via the internet but first before I learnt about Islam I had a vision from God. I didn’t understand it and so I left it alone. Then later on I used to speak to many Muslims on the Internet. We discussed a great deal of things regarding religion and I wanted to teach them about the Bible. Like this we exchanged lots of information.”
“On one occasion we were talking about signs and I started telling this Muslim man about the signs in the Bible. And how these signs were indicative of certain things. I was quite convinced that I was going to make him a Christian. But then he in turn began telling me about certain signs of the Last Day/Qiyamah. I was amazed for while he didn’t know, he was actually telling me about my vision or dream that I had had months before. Intrigued, I asked him, “Where did you get all of this information from?”. To which he replied, ” No, no. All of this is from our Quran, our Holy Book or Bible. I was very surprised and remarked,”There is only one Bible! Where did you get this Quran from? “
He then explained to me about the Quran and how it was revealed on Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) fourteen hundred years ago. He further shared how not a single verse in the Quran had been changed in all this time.”
“At first I couldn’t and infact didn’t accept what I was hearing. There was a six month period before I embraced Islam. I spent much time researching through different avenues like the Internet, library and engaging with other Muslims. Quite honestly my approach was very harsh. For I did not want to change my religion, and so I fought it. I guess that I didn’t want to see the truth. My eyes were very closed and I was very blind but Almighty God opened my eyes. I thank ALLAH for having showed me the Truth and for having chosen me for Islam and Islam for me.”
Undoubtedly, changing one’s religion and way of life can be fraught with many difficulties and challenges. Sister Zahra shared some of hers, “My family are very much against Islam. Their reasons may be many but amongst them is that now we don’t share the same holidays and religious rituals. But truly ALLAH has made it so easy for me. I feel very lucky that ALLAH has chosen me to be close to Him and a part of the Muslim ummah. I am still learning and have so much more to learn. However, I find that I just want to share it all.
I have discovered that Islam is the true religion. Infact I have had three visions/dreams confirming that it is and that I have made the right decision.”
Sister Zahra beautifully explains how she felt when she finally took the shahadah, ” I felt great joy and I really felt a deep sense of peace for the first time in my life.I am much more at peace now and Alhamdulillah I am very very happy.”
Our Beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) has said, That whoever accepts and submits to ALLAH’s Will, will indeed find and feel peace. And of course as ALLAH states in the Noble Quran, “By ALLAH, the goal to which Islam leads is peace.”(10:25)
Sister Zahra aka Ruby conveyed her final sentiments as well as message to non Muslims, ” We should not feel that it is wrong to change our religion to Islam. For if we really want to get closer to Almighty God, Islam is the way. Don’t stop trying to find God and the Truth. Research Islam for yourself, via the internet or library. Engage with Muslims, speak to them and ask lots of questions. You will find all the answers once you learn the truth of Islam. And I can tell you this it will bring you peace. It is so wonderful to learn more and more and you only get closer and closer to your Creator, your God, your ALLAH.”
Subhan'Allaah, from every story of reversion there is much inspiration to be treasured. From Sister Zahra’s amazing story we witness that the beauty of Imaan/Faith is indeed a light that fills the vision and sight…of the mind, heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment