Wednesday 8 April 2015

I come from a non-practicing Muslim family and it's always been like that

I come from a non-practicing Muslim family and it's always been like that. I never use to pray or even knew how to pray. Until one day, I had this urge to pray because something told me that it's the only way I can talk to Allah. I tried and I tried but I failed at each attempt, because I come from a non-practicing family and that always got in the way. I’d change back to my old ways again.

It wasn't until I was 23 and was diagnosed with a heart condition called hypotrophic cardiomyopathy a heart disease, and few days later I had cardiac arrest three times in one night, each 2 hours apart. I could hear doctors and nurses talking, whilst I just lie there lifeless, not being able to get up or respond.
I knew death was standing over me. It was only a matter of time before they pronounced me dead. So, at that point I remember asking Allah for that one chance and I'd change my ways and be on my Deen properly. I begged Allah to give me that chance. So by now, they've given me a cardiac shock and I’ve managed to come around. I was in critical condition I got moved to intensive care and for weeks I was really sick.
Furthermore, they decided to give me a heart surgery, 3 weeks later. Since then, I pray all my Sallah and wear my hijaab at all times, it has become my identity. It makes me feel complete because I choose who sees me and I love wearing my hijaab. There are people who still tell me to take it off because I look stupid in it, they say, but I don't let that get to me, my aim is to please Allah, only. If Allah is happy with me, I have gained a lot and if Allah is unhappy with me but the whole world is happy with me, what have I gained? In my opinion I've not gained anything.
I am much happier in wearing my hijaab and I am grateful that I was born in a Muslim family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment