Thursday 23 April 2015

How I became a Muslim.

My name is Zaaminah, I'm 20 years old from the UK. I was raised in Christianity going church every Sunday as my mother was a Christian and my father atheist, from a very young age I would question as to why we would sing songs, play music and drink wine at a place of worship; I would also question as to why they claimed Jesus (pbuh) being a son of God, the trinity and alterations in the Bible but I would always get the answer because that's what it is and that's it. By age 15 I used to research other religions such as Jedaism, Buddhism, Hinduism many more including Islam but none of them felt right except Islam. However as being in school I fell into the wrong crowd being with the wrong people which involved partying, drinking, drugs, disrepesting my parents etc. 17 in college at this point I continued living my life this way I dropped out so I could party even more which led me to being sexually assaulted on my way home. For weeks I didn't go out, I blamed myself and got heavily depressed by it. But I came across the verse “Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear…” (Qur’an, 2:286). So I read the Qur’an which helped me understand that everything happens for a reason, what I was doing and went through was a test which drove me closer to Allah (swt). 18 I took my Shahada and I've been happy ever since. I'm thankful I found this way of life. The true way of life. May Allah guide us all to the straight path, aameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment