Wednesday 15 April 2015

My name is Ruya, I reverted to Islam 4 years ago.

Previously I was A practicing Christian, attending church, reading the Bible, praying etc etc. regularly I prayed for my husband, that he would convert to Christianity. We have been married for over 12 years now- he's Muslim. It was never a problem, he respected my religion, and I respected his. I continued to pray for him, and for guidance. 
One night I had a dream... I dreamt I was in a class with ladies, and we were reciting "la ilaha illallah " and more, but when I awoke all I could remember was 'la ilaha illallah ' , I told my husband about it, and thought nothing of it. I did not know those words and had not heard them before. 
The following Sunday, for the first time ever, my husband asked me to stay home rather than go to church.. I agreed, and when I asked why, he said he would like me to learn just a little about Islam. We attended a talk a few days later, it was about the life of prophet Muhammad (PBUH) . I sat with the ladies, and I made notes as I listened, regarding points I disagreed with. After the talk, the ladies were very welcoming, and asked me about my questions, they also gave me contact details, should I have any further questions, and one sister gave me details of the Qu'ran project on line. 
I felt a bit confused, but I wanted to do what was right, I ordered a Qu'ran.
( I thought I'd be able to see where it was wrong !! ) 
I started reading, then I read some of the appendices, particularly the scientific evidences in the Qu'ran.. I was shocked. I realised, that this scientific information could only have come from God, the creator. I read the Qu'ran, I could not find any contradiction, or anything wrong... I knew that what I was reading was the truth. I had to accept Islam. 
I was initially reluctant to tell anyone, but i focussed on learning how to make wudhu, how to pray, and I continued to make dua. 
My husband allowed me to come to the decision to accept Islam without any pressure, in fact, when I started wearing hijab, he was concerned that people may think he was forcing me to wear it, the truth was, I felt obliged to wear hijab, to be obedient to Allah. 
I struggled with the bigotry from some people, and I found that very difficult, but Allah gave me the strength to deal with it. 
My mother had no problem with my reverting, but my father still struggles with it, though he accepts my decision, something I thought would never happen. 
My life has changed for the better in so many ways, I feel more content within myself, and I feel grateful for what I have. I still make mistakes, and I don't always do the right thing. Becoming Muslim doesn't make one perfect. With Allah's help and guidance, my character will improve. 
I really enjoy telling people about Islam, and being white and English, I think it surprises many people that I am Muslim, but this gives fantastic opportunities to share Islam , and I have been blessed many times over. 
I thank Allah for guiding me, and I pray that others will be inspired to read the Noble Qu'ran . 
Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment