Tuesday 21 April 2015

My name is Alivia Dela Cruz from Manila, Philippines

Asalamualaikum,
My name is Alivia Dela Cruz from Manila, Philippines.
I undertook the Shahada online a couple of days ago and again today at the local Mosque after noon prayers along with my daughter Alhamdulillah who is now a Muslim also.
My fascination with Islam started some years ago while I was working in Dubai. It did not seem so serious then. Actually we had an Indian Colleague at work who was a Muslim. He would respond to Criticism and illogical pranks played on him by the words " I'll pray to Almighty Allah to forgive you".
The best thing that he gave me was a Quran translated in English.
I managed to meet him again early this year when he visited the Philippines to be with his family. I had some questions to him about depression and he quoted me the Quran and a verse about Almighty Allah does not burden anyone with anything more that they can Handle.
It sounded so true. I went back home, took out the Quran and started researching about Islam. The more I read about Islam and Prophet Muhammad PBUH, the more I felt like a Hypocrite and a Complete Idiot.
I had spent more than 35 years of my life into believing that Jesus was God and Jesus was the founder of Christianity. It was clear to me that night that its so untrue. I could never find Jesus ever said "Iam God" Or "Iam the Son of God".
Some more research on Comparative Religion led me to believe that everyone born in this world is born a Muslim and nothing Else.
I lost friends when they came to know of my impending Conversion to Islam. Its their loss isn't it ? I faced strong opposition from my mother and sisters but I know its just a matter of time before they know and understand what Islam is. One of my sister and her husband have already shown some inclination towards Islam and Prophet Muhammad PBUH. With Almighty Allah's help I hope that by the end of the year my complete family will be an Ideal Muslim Family.
I have chosen the name Maria Muhammad for myself and Alia Muhammad for my daughter.
Always praying to Almighty Allah to help me bring my whole family and their relatives and friends to Islam, to protect them, make me and my daughter steadfast in our deen in our lives and when its the time to depart from this world; Die as a Muslim.
Maria Muhammad.

No comments:

Post a Comment