Thursday 16 April 2015

the 29-year-old student Scottish nurse converted from Catholicism to Islam

It is eight years since the 29-year-old student Scottish nurse 
converted from Catholicism to Islam,sister Gillian Amin had 
been working in a computer factory when she saw a male 
Muslim colleague kneeling in prayer in a side room.

She said: "I saw him out of the corner of my eye as I passed. 
It was something that just touched my heart.
"When I saw his forehead touching the ground, to me, it was 
the most humble position for any human being to be in. To 
do that - to pray to someone you can't even see - just stirred so much emotion in me."
A week later, she decided she wanted to convert.
She said: "It seems so absurd. I hadn't read a Koran. I knew 
nothing about Islam but I absolutely knew that I wanted to 
become a Muslim."

No comments:

Post a Comment