Tuesday 7 April 2015

My story started in my teenage years

Asallamalicom.
My story started in my teenage years, my parents treat me unfairly and always favoured my elder brother, in their eyes he could never do anything wrong, whatever he did they would say it wasn't him it was me. So at the age of 16 I left my family home and moved into a bedsit with my best friend.
I got a part time job in a restaurant and did a catering course in college but things were bad so I had to leave the course and get a full time job.
So I found another restaurant and I worked for a Arab man and his English wife by this time I was working over 100 hrs a week just to pay my way.
One day my Arab boss asked me if I'd like to get married, I was quite shocked by this question and said yeah for sure anything has to be better than this life that I'm living now, he laughed and I carried on with my work.
A few days later he introduced me to his friend then asked me what I thought of him. (I thought he wanted me to do a scam marriage to get his friend a passport )this is my friend that wants to marry he told me,I told him about you because you are a hard working girl and you have nobody.
So I said ok why not. We met everyday and chatted about life and after a couple of weeks we got married and moved down south , I had never heard of Islam or muslims before I met my boss, in the town I grew up there wasn't even any coloured people so you can guess how my family took the news. Anyway, I fell pregnant and that is when I started to get serious about becoming a muslim,I fasted my first Ramadan I saw how amazing my husband was towards his family and friends and just before I gave birth I took my shahada Alhamdulilah. When I became a muslim my whole life changed, if it wasn't for my husband and Allah swt guidance I really don't know what would have happened to me. Wallahi every thing happens for a reason people come into our lives by the will of Allah swt, if someone told me that I would meet a stranger from the other side of the world get married to them and have a family and find Islam I'd have thought it was a joke... Subhan Allah , 25 years ago my life changed for the better and I wouldn't want to change anything about it.
I have 4 children alhamdulilah all boys, the 2nd born was fine up until he started walking at 9mths old,then one day he started having fits so he was sedated in hospital until they knew what was happening to him.
Then on his 1st birthday they fitted a spinal shunt in his back to help the spinal fluid flow correctly and they said he would be disabled and in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. obviously we were heartbroken to hear this news. That night I had a dream, and old man dressed in white with a grey beard and hair came to me in a white hospital room and he told me not to worry and Allah swt has plans for us all.
The next morning I woke up relaxed and joyful, my husband couldn't believe my good mood he thought I'd lost the plot. I explained to him about the dream I'd had and I said don't worry we leave it to Allah swt He has the best plan for us. Alhamdulilah my boy is now 22 years old, he plays football ,goes to the gym and lives life alhamdulilah he has never needed a wheelchair or any other walking aid. My 4th son was born deaf and has other special needs but I strongly believe that Allah swt gives his special children to special people
Sister Jenny
UK

No comments:

Post a Comment