Tuesday 21 April 2015

Hi my name is Lucia

As'salaamu'alaykum. Hi my name is Lucia, born in Australia with an Italian background, and brought up as a Catholic. I reverted in January 2013, to the beautiful religion of Islam at the age of 41. For me, Islam completes the purpose of religion. Many believe being Muslim means you come from the Middle East or can't speak English well. Many don't realise that a huge majority of Muslims are not even Arabic. There are Muslims all over the world in every country. It's not a race, but a religion, but it does unite us as sisters and brothers. I have a sense of freedom wearing the hijab, as it is not man-made but from Allah. People can assume as they wish; I am still an Italian Australian Muslim, who studies and works and tries to be a better person smile:)"

No comments:

Post a Comment